Every family with a child enrolled in Children & Company is a member of the co-op. Our school depends on the participation of all its members to run efficiently and effectively. Parents share the work of administering and managing the school.
As a member of the co-op, each family is required to:
- Hold a job within the school.
- Participate in the classroom on a rotating basis as either the co-op person, whose primary job is to assist the teachers in the classroom, or the set-up person, whose primary responsibility is to assist the co-op person with setting-/packing-up the classroom.
- Attend three General and one Class meetings per year.
- Take part in school fundraising opportunities and events.
- Participate in one monthly cleaning of the school each year.
Below are a list of all the co-op jobs at Children & Company (updated for 2022):
- Administrative Liaison (board position)
- Assistant Treasurer
- Class Chair
- Community and School Special Events Coordinator
- Fieldtrip Coordinator (3's class)
- Field trip Coordinator (4's class)
- Fundraising Chair (board position)
- Fundraising Committee
- Fundraising/Finance Liaison
- Health and Safety Coordinator (board position)
- Inclusivity Coordinator (board position)
- Job Coordinator (board position)
- Licensing Coordinator
- Mail Collector/Distributor
- Membership Coordinator (board position)
- Monthly Clean Assistant
- Newsletter Editor
- Payroll Coordinator
- President (board position)
- School Organizer
- School Photographer
- Secretary (board position)
- Sensory Play Media Maker
- Supply Coordinator
- Teacher Aide
- Teacher Substitute
- Treasurer (board position)
- Vice President (board position)
- Website Coordinator